Saturday, February 5, 2011

Tokyo Sky Tree at 559m

Ever since I moved to Kinshicho in September of last year, I've been thinking of walking to the Tokyo Sky Tree. Never found the time and the will though until last week. With the weather just the perfect kind of sunny, the beautiful view of the Sky Tree from the kitchen window was enough to finally lure me to it.



The path I took was mostly within a residential area, so I did not bother taking photos until I got to the Sky Tree. I kept looking at it along the way though, expecting it to look more magnificent, more towering as I got closer. To my disappointment, the promise of my kitchen window's view did not deliver - up-close, it was not as impressive as I had expected. The experience fell way short of my first up-close view of Tokyo Tower years ago.

Nonetheless, even in its yet unfinished 559m state, it still is a beautiful structure. A little one-dimensional in that you cannot do a lot with it photography-wise, but I was happy with the photos I got.

Here's one for the usual worm's eye view:


I figured every other usual angle has been shot to death, so my favorites from this set are somewhat unconventional.



You can view the rest of the photos through my Flickr or Facebook account.

No comments:

Post a Comment