Just a few days before I left for a short vacation in the Philippines, I decided to go on a photo walk around the Nishi-Shinjuku business district. Starting from Shinjuku station, I made my way first to the curious Mode Gakuen Cocoon Tower then on to the Tokyo Metropolitan Building.
Looking up at the Mode Gakuen was like being at the foot of an alien command tower. Its crisscrossing white beams spoke of the ordered chaos. Its gleaming windows and the gentle convex curve was just mesmerizing.
Inside the tower, more than a cocoon, I felt as though I had gotten entangled in a giant spider's web. If you're a bit claustrophobic, better not go in. I liked the contrast of the black ceiling with the walls and the red rim of the lights emphasized that more.
After Mode Gakuen, I walked all the way to the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building, of course taking photos along the way. My mindset was probably still on geometric patterns that I found this one really interesting:
Finally, at Tokyo Metropolitan, the artwork more than the building itself got my attention. Here's one:
Here's another, with the building in the background:
You can view the rest of the photos through my Flickr or Facebook account.

No comments:
Post a Comment